
I was really happy when i looked out of my window
this morning, to see these 3 greenfinches! Only ever had one!!!

Thought this pic was cute of dad and baby! They both
sat on the fence watching the sturks then flew off!!!

I think this is a stock dove ! I saw it this morning!
Can someone please correct me if im wrong!!!
You've had it now Karen three greenfinches will undoubtedly turn to the hoards that we now get here lol Not sure about the Stock Dove mind someone else will put you right no doubt!!
ReplyDeleteJayne
well done with the greenfinches,and lovely pic of sparrows.Like Jayne not sure about dove,only really know the collared.to me the rest are "pigeons"
ReplyDeleteI'm no expert Karen but I think you could be right about the Stock Dove, and you have jogged my memory! A few days ago I noticed a pigeon in the garden and assumed it was a Woody but something didn't seem quite right as it didn't have the white on the neck, I just thought it was a juvenile and I am kicking myself now for not taking more notice!! If it hadn't been for your post I wouldn't even have thought about it again. I looked them up and I don't think the juvenile WPs look like that at all and apparently Stock Doves have black eyes which it looks like yours has. I shall be looking more carefully next time I see a pigeon!
ReplyDeleteNice to see the Greenfinches and the cheeky looking Sparrows.
Thankyou all for your comments. Jayne im SO pleased with the greenfinches, its taken a long time to get them here!!!Sheila, i knew it was a bit different to the ferrals, just seemed a bit nicer!! Shysongbird, i was the same! i knew it wasnt a woodie, as like you said, no white on the neck. Sonic sent a good link, and it turns out the stock dove is on the amber list! So im qute pleased i spotted it x
ReplyDelete