Saturday, 20 June 2009

My first ever Bully!


I was delighted to see my first bully today! Sorry its
not a very good pic, but just had to put it on here!!!

This is one of my little blackie at works' babies!
How cute!!!x


Thought this pic of the woodies was funny! They were doing
this for ages, god knows what theyre up to!! Love the sturklet in the
background!


Put this one on because the dunnock is on it! Hes
just started coming again!

10 comments:

  1. great photos Karen,especially your bullfinch wish I was good at thinking games.I feel as though there should be a speech bubble with a clever caption in.lol
    sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. should have said for the pigeon pic sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks sheila. Maybe we should get everyone to give us a caption!! What do you think?? x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have to set the mind going for the speech bubble sentry Karen, great shots though, aren't we just so lucky to be have the privilege of the bully visits, such a beautiful bird!!
    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jayne! Yes we are VERY lucky! I know you get the bullys alot, just hope that I see more of them! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on the bullfinch, Karen.

    My wood pigeons do that all the time, I think they're trying to make themselves look threatening. And then one usually goes for the other feet first :-O

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheers Steve. Think youre right, when you say theyre trying to make themselves look threatening!!!However, there wasnt any aggression, thank god!!!x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really envious now Karen ;) I had one fleeting sight of a Bullfinch months ago and that was the first time since I was a child!! You are so lucky, did you put anything out which particularly attracted it?

    The Wood pigeons made me laugh, I have some photos of them squaring up to each other too, they seem to be all threatening looks and no action, so funny!

    Great captures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats on the bullfinch karen, such a colourful visitor, not seen much of our dunnock of late, probably too busy chasing the ladies, we have a pair of feral pigeons come into our garden but never seen them doing anything like that, great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks denis and shysongbird. i didn't put anything different out to attract them, was surprised it was on that little robin feeder to be honest! Thought they liked the sunflower hearts and maybe niger seed, but there was none of them on that feeder! Hope he comes again!!x

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I appreciate your comments. Thanks karen x

My goldie!

My goldie!

American robin, New Jersey 23rd march 09

American robin, New Jersey 23rd march 09
Very different!

cheeky jackdaw!

cheeky jackdaw!
They hang on to everything!

pied wagtail

pied wagtail

Starling!

Starling!
very acrobatic!