Friday, 22 May 2009

Todays little birdies!!


Couldn't believe it when i saw these four on the fence!
Not the best pic, but it made me happy!!!!

Haven't put a pic on of my robin for a while, and he
looked very cute this morning!


Really pleased to have captured this little fella!
He's a rare treat!



Who says you cant share with a sturkling!!!





...And just couldn't resist another baby pic! The adult
sturkling looks like the crash helmet one from my last post!!! These 2 babies followed her/him around for ages squalking!

8 comments:

  1. great shots karen, love the one of the goldfinches on the fence.

    denis

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's something about goldfinches...

    Nice captures of the great tit. I might have had one last year but apart from that I've never had one in the garden. When my parents had apple trees we used to see lots in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. more great shots Karen,especially the goldies.I am waiting for our great tits to fledge but whats the betting we miss it,and they tend to disappear after that.Wish they would feed in my garden so I could get some baby greats.
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this pic kazza, its a gd un well done, very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another set of excellent photies there Karen, have tried endless times to capture our Great tits but they are so shy they only catch a glimpse of the camera lens and they're off !!
    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankyou all for your lovely comments!I know what you mean jayne, they are VERY hard to photograph, ws just lucky to get those shots, they are so quick! Desperately trying to capture the scraggy little bluetit, as soon as i hold up my camera, its gone!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pic of the Great Tit there. Like Steve, I never get any even with two apple trees!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karen, that was spooky I was just starting to write this comment when my email alert came in telling me you have just left a comment on my blog!

    Anyway! I love all the photos, you will probably have juvenile Goldies soon, they have been in my garden the last couple of days.

    I think you are right about the crash helmet Starling, it does look comical!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I appreciate your comments. Thanks karen x

My goldie!

My goldie!

American robin, New Jersey 23rd march 09

American robin, New Jersey 23rd march 09
Very different!

cheeky jackdaw!

cheeky jackdaw!
They hang on to everything!

pied wagtail

pied wagtail

Starling!

Starling!
very acrobatic!