More agreement that it's a song thrush, Karen. I've only had the one back when we had snow.
I had one of those wall feeders too, but put mine on the fence. I got starlings but the problem was after rain and the food got waterlogged and the feeder started rusting.
I'm so pleased to see you have had a visit from a Song Thrush, such a lovely bird. A few weeks ago the one which had been serenading us for weeks with it's beautiful song became victim to the cat I mentioned to you in a previous comment, I was heartbroken.
I hope yours returns and stays safe. It's such a thrill to spot a new bird.
Thanks steve, i hope my wall feeder doesnt rust!! The roof juts out above it slightly, so maybe it will stay a bit drier!Hi shysongbird, i dont recall you mentioning the cat getting the thrush, thats shocking! i too would be heartbroken, i find it difficult to cope with!Next doors cat is going to give me a nervous breakdown one of these days!!Thanks, karen
Hi Karen....and I am very impressed by your site!! All this from a woman who states that she couldn't do much with a computer up until 6 months ago! Thanks for all the wonderful chatting as you work! I DO look forward to hearing more from you in the future. Have a fantastic last Bank Holiday Monday (pity about the weather!)
well done with the lovely thrush Karen,never seen one since the bad weather left us.Nice one of the blackbird too the wall feeder looks lovely.
ReplyDeleteSheila
Thanks sheila!Its very exciting when you see a new bird arrive!! Hope it returns!karen
ReplyDeletedefinitely a song thrush karen, (lucky you) only ever seen one in our garden, and that was many months ago.
ReplyDeletedenis
More agreement that it's a song thrush, Karen. I've only had the one back when we had snow.
ReplyDeleteI had one of those wall feeders too, but put mine on the fence. I got starlings but the problem was after rain and the food got waterlogged and the feeder started rusting.
I'm so pleased to see you have had a visit from a Song Thrush, such a lovely bird. A few weeks ago the one which had been serenading us for weeks with it's beautiful song became victim to the cat I mentioned to you in a previous comment, I was heartbroken.
ReplyDeleteI hope yours returns and stays safe. It's such a thrill to spot a new bird.
Thanks steve, i hope my wall feeder doesnt rust!! The roof juts out above it slightly, so maybe it will stay a bit drier!Hi shysongbird, i dont recall you mentioning the cat getting the thrush, thats shocking! i too would be heartbroken, i find it difficult to cope with!Next doors cat is going to give me a nervous breakdown one of these days!!Thanks, karen
ReplyDeleteHi Karen....and I am very impressed by your site!! All this from a woman who states that she couldn't do much with a computer up until 6 months ago!
ReplyDeleteThanks for all the wonderful chatting as you work! I DO look forward to hearing more from you in the future.
Have a fantastic last Bank Holiday Monday (pity about the weather!)
Mike