What I love about blogging and the forum is being able to share excitement about birds and fledglings with like-minded people. They must think I'm mad/boring at work :)
Thanks all! Dont worry steve, everyone who works for me thinks ive totally lost the plot!! he he! Ive told them that one day they'll appreciate these things, when they grow up!!! And yes its great to be able to enthuse about something you enjoy with like-minded people. karen x
I'm playing catch up as usual, and I loved all the posts I caught up with and your photos. I'm so glad you did what you could for the Wood Pigeon, I hate suffering especially when it is helpless creatures. Sorry to remind you of it but was it a cat that caused the problem?
Hi shysongbird, thanks for your comments. Yes it was the damn cat that did it! ive spent alot on deterrents since that episode, and havent seen it for nearly 2 weeks, thought id cracked it! This morning i saw it again!Found feathers in my border, but no body, so hoping the victim got away. its a real pain isnt it?!Will keep trying! karen x
Hi again Karen. How very sad, and you sound just as frustrated as I am with cats. Like you I love all animals but the senseless killing of birds by cats upsets me more than I can say. I have spent a lot of money on two electronic deterrents but still one particular cat persists, and like you I found feathers in the border yesterday but no body so hope its latest prey may have escaped. I put photos of a beautiful Song Thrush on my blog some time ago and a few weeks later found what I'm sure were its feathers and since then there has been no sign of it. Its beautiful song had thrilled me for weeks, and I have been so saddened by what happened that I haven't even felt able to write about it on my blog. I really don't know what the answer is.
What a lovely little bird Karen
ReplyDeleteJayne
well done karen, great pics.
ReplyDeletedenis
brilliant set of shots Karen
ReplyDeleteSheila
What I love about blogging and the forum is being able to share excitement about birds and fledglings with like-minded people. They must think I'm mad/boring at work :)
ReplyDeleteBeat me by two days, Karen :)
Thanks all! Dont worry steve, everyone who works for me thinks ive totally lost the plot!! he he! Ive told them that one day they'll appreciate these things, when they grow up!!! And yes its great to be able to enthuse about something you enjoy with like-minded people. karen x
ReplyDeleteI'm playing catch up as usual, and I loved all the posts I caught up with and your photos. I'm so glad you did what you could for the Wood Pigeon, I hate suffering especially when it is helpless creatures. Sorry to remind you of it but was it a cat that caused the problem?
ReplyDeleteHi shysongbird, thanks for your comments. Yes it was the damn cat that did it! ive spent alot on deterrents since that episode, and havent seen it for nearly 2 weeks, thought id cracked it! This morning i saw it again!Found feathers in my border, but no body, so hoping the victim got away. its a real pain isnt it?!Will keep trying! karen x
ReplyDeleteHi again Karen. How very sad, and you sound just as frustrated as I am with cats. Like you I love all animals but the senseless killing of birds by cats upsets me more than I can say. I have spent a lot of money on two electronic deterrents but still one particular cat persists, and like you I found feathers in the border yesterday but no body so hope its latest prey may have escaped. I put photos of a beautiful Song Thrush on my blog some time ago and a few weeks later found what I'm sure were its feathers and since then there has been no sign of it. Its beautiful song had thrilled me for weeks, and I have been so saddened by what happened that I haven't even felt able to write about it on my blog. I really don't know what the answer is.
ReplyDelete