Sunday, 19 April 2009

Mrs blackbird sunbathing!


She let me get very close, and she sat for ages! bless her!




7 comments:

  1. great shots Karen she is lovely.When you click and enlarge the 3rd photo what a huge beak she has
    well done
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice photos karen, the garden wouldn't be the same without the blackbirds flying here and there.

    denis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both, i do love the blackbirds, must admit! Denis, i messed up my blog last night, so i didnt get to answer you regarding my feeders! The feeders are at 4 corners of the table, and i have seen them eat alongside each other, the feeders on my patio seem to get used one at a time! Could it be that they are too close? karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the blackbird is probably the least wary of all of our visitors Karen, but I must admit the longer we feed the braver most of them seem to get, not altogether sure I'm glad of this at times, some humans aren't as caring as we are !!!
    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know Jayne, thats the problem! Some people can be so cruel! At least people like us give them a fighting chance hey!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sis!
    Great Pics! U R doing a great job! Here in NJ the birds are beginning to come out in force. Will try to send u some pics.
    Lee and Barb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Bro & Barb! Glad you like them! Look forward to seeing your NJ birdie pics! Love ya loads xxx Sis x

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I appreciate your comments. Thanks karen x

My goldie!

My goldie!

American robin, New Jersey 23rd march 09

American robin, New Jersey 23rd march 09
Very different!

cheeky jackdaw!

cheeky jackdaw!
They hang on to everything!

pied wagtail

pied wagtail

Starling!

Starling!
very acrobatic!