Sunday, 19 July 2009

poor little bird x


This poor little bird was soaked through, so i put him in a nice warm box and tried to feed him, then i put him down my cleavage to warm him up.!!!(i heard this from a woman who saved 2 baby robins this way!) Not sure which species he was, as he was SO tiny, it was difficult to tell. Would appreciate it, if one of you could help ID him, for future reference x


He was starting to dry off here x



I took this one just after he died, as you can see his colours better. Poor thing, its so sad x

5 comments:

  1. Sad story. But well done for trying.

    I would guess at this being a young sparrow. The beak is too finch-like for a robin, but it's hard to tell as it's so bedraggled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd agree with Rob about it being a sparrow. Very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It might be a young dunnock ???

    ReplyDelete
  4. The feathers are very dunnock-y. But the shape of the beak still says to me that it's a sparrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear how sad is this post!! my immediate thought was dunnock but upon closer inspection I too think young sparrow. poor little mite hope he RIP!!
    Jayne

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I appreciate your comments. Thanks karen x

My goldie!

My goldie!

American robin, New Jersey 23rd march 09

American robin, New Jersey 23rd march 09
Very different!

cheeky jackdaw!

cheeky jackdaw!
They hang on to everything!

pied wagtail

pied wagtail

Starling!

Starling!
very acrobatic!