Wednesday, 19 August 2009

Very concerned!


Im very concerned about this greenfinch, im wondering whether it could be the dreaded trico??? He allowed me to get very close, and didnt seem strong in flight. He wasnt fluffed up, and looked partly moulted, but im not sure. Can anyone tell by looking at these pics whether it is the horrid disease please x










3 comments:

  1. He doesnt look very happy Karen,hope its not tricho.:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something doesn't look right Karen, as you say he doesn't look particularly fluffed up which is how I have seen the ones with Tricho but it is worrying he allowed you close. The only thing I can suggest is to keep a close eye on the birds and try to be scrupulous with hygiene not forgetting the water pots and bath as Tricho is a water borne disease. I hope you don't think I'm preaching :) it's just that I have seen this horrible disease in action and wouldn't wish it on anyone. I do hope it turns out to be a false alarm, do let us know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou both for your comments. Shysongbird, of course i dont think youre preaching, i need all the advice i can get.The greenfinch was drinking out of both baths, so straight after, i tipped out the water, rinsed, and refilled them. I will keep my eye out for any other poorly birds, and if i see any, i will have to take my feeders down. Thankyou x

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I appreciate your comments. Thanks karen x

My goldie!

My goldie!

American robin, New Jersey 23rd march 09

American robin, New Jersey 23rd march 09
Very different!

cheeky jackdaw!

cheeky jackdaw!
They hang on to everything!

pied wagtail

pied wagtail

Starling!

Starling!
very acrobatic!