Sunday, 9 August 2009

Goldies and butterflies x


Ive seen alot of peacocks this week! they are my favourites so far!!


Think this is a painted lady! x If you enlarge this pic, you can see its tongue!(not sure if thats the correct name for it!!!)x



Was pleased to see my goldies back! and venturing closer to the house! x







Now im confused! Can someone tell me what these 2 are please? Thanks x





7 comments:

  1. looks like a tortoiseshell and a painted lady

    ReplyDelete
  2. agree with GM about the tortoishell its the only visitor I have had thats not white.Peacocks are lovely last year had stacks,none so far,cant believe the detail on your photos....... lovely
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou so much Sheila! Is the tortoishell the one on the right? took the pics on the flower setting, and got as close to them as i could! I am pleased with them, thanks for the nice comments x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely set of pictures Karen, its great to see and hear of so many butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos Karen, I too love Peacocks, so colourful. Yes the last two are definitely Small Tortoiseshell (at the top) and Painted Lady. Lovely to see the Goldies too.

    I also love your doggy visitor on the previous post, that is why we hardly have any holidays away, Louis doesn't travel well and I just couldn't bear to leave him with anyone, I would worry that he was pining.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks lynmiranda and shysongbird. I must admit, looking after the dog has really stressed me out!!!It is a huge resonsibility, and im worried all the time! Never again!x

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely post Karen :) we have lots of tortoiseshells and painted ladies as well and its a trouble sometimes id'ing them! if you look closely the tortoiseshell has 3 white bars on the top edge of his wings while the painted lady has a black triangle instead :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I appreciate your comments. Thanks karen x

My goldie!

My goldie!

American robin, New Jersey 23rd march 09

American robin, New Jersey 23rd march 09
Very different!

cheeky jackdaw!

cheeky jackdaw!
They hang on to everything!

pied wagtail

pied wagtail

Starling!

Starling!
very acrobatic!