Hi Karen, Wow! it looks a bit like a Reed Bunting to me but I'm not certain, however, I know a man who will be able to tell you. I will leave a message on my pal Warren's sight and ask him to take a look.
Hi shysongbird, yes Dunnock just said that it was a reed bunting, on the forum!! Oh my god, i hope it is!!! Thankyou for getting your friend to look at it! Look forward to hearing the verdict!!! Thankyou xxx
Hi Karen, Wow! it looks a bit like a Reed Bunting to me but I'm not certain, however, I know a man who will be able to tell you. I will leave a message on my pal Warren's sight and ask him to take a look.
ReplyDeleteHi shysongbird, yes Dunnock just said that it was a reed bunting, on the forum!! Oh my god, i hope it is!!! Thankyou for getting your friend to look at it! Look forward to hearing the verdict!!! Thankyou xxx
ReplyDeleteNo doubt about it, Reed Bunting it is! Nice one for the garden - well done!
ReplyDeleteOh wow!! Thankyou Warren, i wonder what its doing in my garden?!!!What an amazing bird to have during my Birdwatch hour!! Thankyou x
ReplyDeleteNo Problem karen any time! As for the Reed Bunting, they do visit gardens in the winter months when food is scarce, but they are certainly not common.
ReplyDeleteThe cold snap (big snap!!) has brought some wonderful birds to your garden this year already
ReplyDeleteBrilliant sighting Karen,I was lucky enough too to have a visit from one.Love the way the markings on its face look like a moustache
ReplyDeletesheila