Saturday, 3 October 2009

Woodie and a young collared dove today x


It was only when i was uploading my pics that i realised that this could be a young collared dove! He doesnt have the black neck mark!! Could someone confirm for me please! He was quite small too, and was sat eating with the sturks x


Hes very sweet x





Woodie was here alot today, braving the gales!!!



...and posing!!!!




5 comments:

  1. I'm no expert Karen but I think you are right, you are very observant! I must look more closely at the ones in my garden, I have to admit I have never noticed young ones but I think that is a failing in me!

    Your Woodie is a real poser, they do have a comical look always :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi karen, nice pics, i don't know at what age they get the collar, but i do know that the immature doves don't have them, well spotted.

    denis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou both!!! i dont always notice until im uploading my pics onto my laptop!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. great shots Karen,I have tried looking for young doves but havent seen one.
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou sheila! it was only by chance that i realised!!! x

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I appreciate your comments. Thanks karen x

My goldie!

My goldie!

American robin, New Jersey 23rd march 09

American robin, New Jersey 23rd march 09
Very different!

cheeky jackdaw!

cheeky jackdaw!
They hang on to everything!

pied wagtail

pied wagtail

Starling!

Starling!
very acrobatic!