Wednesday, 30 September 2009

Sparrows and lizards in cyprus x


There were lots of little sparrows, around the pool, and at breakfast!



..they soon flew onto the tables to eat the leftover breakfast!! Bless em x


Saw alot of lizards around!!! some of them quite big!!!



this one looks like something out of jurrassic park!!!!




6 comments:

  1. Welcome back Karen, (I'm assuming you are back) I hope you had a good time. I love the photos particularly the Lizards, I would love to have seen those! You are spot on about the one looking like it is out of Jurassic Park ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks shysongbird, i got back last weds! Had a great time thanks, apart from mum being rushed into hospital! but all ok now. Loved the lizards too, and the sparrows were so fearless of us humans!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Karen but I dont love that big Lizard !!
    But I love the foreign Sparrows!
    They look more sun tanned than ours

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the photos karen, when i was in cyprus in 1994, doing some work, we saw quite a few large black snakes,

    denis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks GM and denis! i never saw any snakes denis,! probably a good thing, as my mum is terrified of them!!!!How large were they???

    ReplyDelete
  6. at a rough guess, about 5 feet long and 3" in diameter, we were told that they weren't poisonous.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I appreciate your comments. Thanks karen x

My goldie!

My goldie!

American robin, New Jersey 23rd march 09

American robin, New Jersey 23rd march 09
Very different!

cheeky jackdaw!

cheeky jackdaw!
They hang on to everything!

pied wagtail

pied wagtail

Starling!

Starling!
very acrobatic!