Saturday, 12 September 2009

Flutters x


I was filling up my feeders ready for my holiday tomorrow, and there were loads of flutters about. These 2 stayed for a while so i was able to get a couple of nice shots!! I think this is a comma, please correct me if im wrong!!! x






...and im pretty sure this is a painted lady!!! Love the above pic, as you can see the fluffy bits underneath!!!! x








4 comments:

  1. Correct with both, Karen. I saw Whites and Tortoiseshells today and one Speckled Wood. My young Buddleia has long since stopped flowering but it only had 3 on it when I bought it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Karen! Beautiful photos, I got a Comma myself today although I have never seen one in the garden. I think they are beautiful but then again I think all butterflies are :)

    Nice bird pics on the previous post too!

    If I understood you right and you are off on holiday I hope you have a great time. Will it be anywhere nice for photos?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Steve and Shysongbird! Im off to Cyprus for 10 days, i go every year with my mum for a girlie hol!!!There are usually loads of sparrows at breakfast time, and there are wildlife walks, so will try and get a pic of something unusual!!!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. brilliant photos of the comma Karen.have a great holiday
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I appreciate your comments. Thanks karen x

My goldie!

My goldie!

American robin, New Jersey 23rd march 09

American robin, New Jersey 23rd march 09
Very different!

cheeky jackdaw!

cheeky jackdaw!
They hang on to everything!

pied wagtail

pied wagtail

Starling!

Starling!
very acrobatic!